Well here it is, nearly 2 weeks after my Special Duty I applied for closed out and I still have no idea whether or not I was selected for it. This leads to an obvious question in my mind if it was God's will for me to be chosen. I hope I will hear something next week!
I read a story today on a Pave-Low Helicopter member who was struck by an RPG while on a mission in Iraq in 2004. It was so bad that vision initially in his eye was 20/400. Through much effort, dedication and pain he has worked back to continue to be a flier in the Flight Attendent career field. What a wonderful story of where faith and prayer can lead to!
There are also 2 airmen in some serious trouble in my unit, one is facing almost certain discharge and the other could be facing some serious disciplinary action. I had been helping this airmen to possibly retrain and had invested so much in that process for him...this is when being a Christian is really difficult.
I pray this weekend for those Air Force members who will be deployed from not only McChord AFB but around the world as they defend our independence this coming 4th of July. May we never forget those who came before us or fail to support those currently in forward locations putting their lives on the line to defend our great nation!
Friday, June 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment